Using The Forum
Posted 29 January 2003 - 11:23 PM
1) Register http://www.protein.o...act=Reg&CODE=00
1a) ensure your email address is correctly entered
1b) enter the code shown on the registration page
2) Collect your email
2a) click on the activation link given in your email*
3) Login http://www.protein.o...t=Login&CODE=00
Note "*" If you don't activate your registration then you can't login
Posted 06 February 2003 - 01:12 PM
When you register as a member of our forum it is important to enter your email address correctly.
You will be sent an email to the email address you give after registering. Please read the email carefully, you will need to validate your account by clicking on a link in the email.
If you do not receive the email, or fail to respond to the validation request your membership application will lapse. As a rough guide we will normally delete incomplete registrations after about a week.
Useful pointers for a successful registration...
1) enter your username, email address and password carefully and correctly
2) do not delete the validation request email that is sent to you
3) do not ignore the validation request email or your application will be cancelled.
Posted 10 February 2003 - 04:45 PM
If you are having problems posting a message there are four main reasons...
1) You must be registered as a forum member.
2) You also need to activate your registration by following the instructions in the email
(if you entered an incorrect email address you won't receive this important email)
3) Then you need to login. Usernames and passwords are case sensitive.
(Under the logo it should say "Logged in as xxnamexx")
4) Some sections have posting restrictions. Archives are read-only.
There is also guided assistance for password recovery, etc, but if you've tried following our pointers shown above and still have problems please send an email with a description of your problem.
Posted 30 December 2003 - 02:30 PM
If you see that your member group has been changed to "Not Responding" it is because an email that was sent to you by our server has been returned to us. To be able to use our forum you must have a working email account so that we can deliver topic subscription reports, personal message alerts and administration queries.
Please contact email@example.com using a working email address to arrange to have your account reactivated. If you also find that you are unable to login it is because we have also had to take the additional step of removing your topic subscriptions which requires a password change.
There is an option in your control panel to change your registered email address and we would prefer it if you could use this option rather than abandoning an account, especially if you have already posted messages... http://www.protein.o...=UserCP&CODE=08
Reactivating your account is very straightforward and saves you the effort of re-entering information and preferences.