How long without lovenox before birth?

My daughter is being scheduled on Monday (oct 15th) to be induced. Her due date is October 23rd. She has been taking lovenox (120 mg) since May. They have now told her that she has to take her last lovenox needle (before the baby is born) on Sunday the 14th. She will take it at 9 am..which means that on Monday the 15th at 9 am it is out of her system. I understand that it needs to be in case of cesarian or if she does decide on the epidural.

My concern..is there a large threat of blood clots from the time that it is no longer in her system to the time of delivery? They are inducing her..and we all know that it can take several hours!!! Just wondering what the rest of you did .... or went through..because sometimes I don't think the doctors think things through ahead of time.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Firstly, I want to congratulate your daughter and wish her the very best for the delivery.

I, too, stopped the injections, heparin, that is, the night before my induction. The risk, as my doctor expained it, was of bleeding too much during delivery. But since I had an epidural and was seditary, he put be back on a very low dosage of heparin to avoid a small risk of clotting during labor.

I hope that helps.

Ufasaha

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you all know..that my daughter had a beautiful baby boy. They did induce her..but things were not progressing and she did have an epidural and ended up having a cesarian. She is feeling wonderful now and the baby is super great! It was a great relief when things went well and there were no major complications.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...