Sign in to follow this  
James

Zarin Steven-Johan

It is with great sadness that I have to tell you that Zarin passed away this week. She spent a great deal of her time helping the members of our forum find out more about Protein S Deficiency and championed alternative treatments that are available. Zarin even put pen to paper to write an inspirational article for her local magazine while laid up in hospital earlier this year. She was also a regular contributor to Ask Dr Stoll and tributes are being left on askwaltstollmd.com

Zarin was an accomplished author and published several books including one which we have featured on our web site - Life Is A Leaky Bucket - her biography tells the story of how she battled through a difficult life and illness and then emerged with the determination and courage to live a full life.

Zarin touched many people's lives, and I'm sure you will each have your own fond memories of her, as I do. She frequently sent me emails with latest news on health research but also interspersed them with very thoughtful and kind, supportive messages when things weren't so good. She had a great deal of empathy for everyone. My favourite recollection is how she somehow fathomed out my birthday and sent me the following message:

"I know your birthday is tomorrow, it is just that on saturdays life at home is a chaos, so I thought I had better e-mail you today. My housekeeper takes off for the week-end and I am left to manage my 5 dogs (4 rescue dogs and one that is actually mine!) Hope you have a great birthday. Zarin"

No matter how busy or hectic or difficult her own lifestyle was, she always had time for others.

I shall miss her dearly.

Zarin's inspiring message is that "no matter how down you are, remember there is still something that can be done."

Oh no!

Zarin replied to my very first post here on the forum and her kind words really gave me the lift I needed at the time.

She has always been so kind, supportive and postive in her replies to so many of us and I loved finding her new posts about the research she had found especially about alternatives treatments.

I always imagined her as a smart, brave, spirited and wise person and I am so sad to hear that such a special spirit is no longer with us.

RIP Zarin!

I shall miss you dearly even though we never met. You have been so helpful to me, thank you and God bless you. My deepest sympathies to your family.

Love from Kathy.

Guest jengren

Does anyone know of a website where you can buy her book? Amazon doesn't have any in stock and they don't know if they are getting any anytime soon.

Thanks.