on clexane since 6 weeks pregnancy

Guest clairen

Guest clairen

hi there my name is claire im new here just looking for people going through similar stuff stuff to me i am currently 10 weeks 2 days pregnant and have been on clexane 40 mg and 75mg asprin from around six weeks due to a previous dvt 13 years ago with my healthy daughter i was diagnosed with a dvt at 32 weeks last time and was on heparin for 2 months then warfarin for 6 months i have been bleeding from 8 weeks some heavy bleeds and some not but i have bled every day but am pleased to say i have now had 4 scans and baby is doing great and growing great but i have developed two clots inside my womb and they think this is where the bleeding is coming from has anyone expirience similar or same situation it would be great to chat

thanks claire

Hi, I was also on clexane from when I was five weeks pregnant in both my previous pregnancies. With my first child I bled heavily at around twelve weeks and thirteen weeks, and later on past large blood clots. They never really found out what caused it and at least twice the hospital staff told me that they thought that I may have miscarried (my hospital does not scan on weekends, so I had to wait for Monday to be scanned to check. and spent the whole weekend crying) but Adam was fine, 5 weeks early, small but fine. He is now an active three year old. During my second pregnancy I had no problems at all.

I have just found out that am expecting a third so it is off to the clinic next week to be switched over from my warfarin back onto clexane and hopefully I won't bleed again.

Just keep looking at your scan pictures, and while bleeding during pregnancy can't be good it doesn't have to be the end, Adam is the proof of that.