Forum Upgrade - Post Here If We Emailed You

We are due to make some changes to our web site.

We are contacting some of our members today to see whether they would like to keep their forum accounts open.

If you haven't made any posts, or if you haven't logged in to your account for at least two years, then your account will be deleted unless you contact us by email at info@protein.org.uk (and forward a copy of the email we sent you so we can see your username) or by logging in to your account and adding a post to this topic .

Any personal messages stored in your account will also be deleted.

Closing Date: Thursday 9th December 2010 at 11:59pm (London UK, GMT)

If your account is deleted you can re-register at a later date if you would like to do so.

Protein S Deficiency and Thrombophilia

http://www.protein.org.uk/forum

Thank you to everyone that has posted and emailed to request keeping their accounts active.

If you emailed me and haven't had a personal response from me yet I will be in touch with you soon.

(there won't be any account removals until I have been through each and every message)

Some of you may have noticed that the forum has a new look. We also have a new web address too.

Our new web address is www.proteinsdeficiency.com

Our new forum address is www.proteinsdeficiency.com/forum

The old address - www.protein.org.uk - will still bring you here but if you hop between the two sites you may be asked to login again.

There are a few bits and bobs that need sorting out but if you spot anything that has gone amiss please feel free to point it out to me so that I can look into it. Once you've had a while to get used to it I hope you find all the new forum features such as twitter/facebook sharing options useful.

We are due to make some changes to our web site.

We are contacting some of our members today to see whether they would like to keep their forum accounts open.

If you haven't made any posts, or if you haven't logged in to your account for at least two years, then your account will be deleted unless you contact us by email at info@protein.org.uk (and forward a copy of the email we sent you so we can see your username) or by logging in to your account and adding a post to this topic .

Any personal messages stored in your account will also be deleted.

Closing Date: Thursday 9th December 2010 at 11:59pm (London UK, GMT)

If your account is deleted you can re-register at a later date if you would like to do so.

Protein S Deficiency and Thrombophilia

http://www.protein.org.uk/forum

Everyone that contacted me by email or posted on this topic was moved into a special group to ensure their account stayed protected.

Members that haven't logged in to their account for over two years, or haven't made any posts, will now find that their accounts have been moved into a 'Pending Removal' status. Anyone affected by this can contact me to have their account reactivated if they want.

I am sorry if anyone has been inconvenienced by all of this but it is quite a tricky process trying to communicate with people who have not visited us for some time and in many cases are now using new email addresses.

Since the aim of these changes has only been to remove dormant or unwanted accounts I will leave things to settle for a while before making any permanent account deletions. That way if any mistakes have been made they can easily be rectified. We don't want to lose anyone unnecessarily!

If I spot anyone logging in with an account that has been flagged for removal then I will reactivate your account for you.

Hopefully one of the main benefits to members will be a reduction in the number of Personal Messages that aren't replied to, which happens when the person you wanted to contact is no longer actively using our forum and doesn't respond.

• 1 year later...

Today we removed over 1600 dormant accounts from the forum database. Whilst it is sad to see so many people didn't keep their membership active it is necessary for the health of the forum that when members wish to communicate with one another they can expect a response.

If there is anyone that would still like to be a forum member but didn't contact me in the 15 months since we first suggested their account was flagged for removal I am sorry but your old account is no longer available. However you are of course welcome to rejoin.

• 1 year later...