Sign in to follow this  
James

Forum Upgrade and Server Move

We moved our web site and forum to a new server and have upgraded the forum software to the latest version available (3.2.3). You may find that your web browser will flick between the two servers for a while (either showing the new server, or a broken link on the old server). This will settle down when your ISP completes their network updates and is only a temporary issue, which will sort itself out automatically.

I'd like to thank those of you that have sponsored our web site in the past. Unfortunately despite increasing numbers of visitors very few people have contributed to our web site upkeep recently.

The forum subscriptions feature, which allowed people to make a donation and have their forum membership account upgraded has therefore been discontinued.

Rather begrudingly in its place there are now additional Google Ads that will be inserted into post messages. I am sorry to have to mix advertising with our forum area, and would rather we didn't have to show them, however they are one of the few means we have to raise income to help pay for the hosting of our web site, which remains free to access, as it has been since we started over 11 years ago.

I hope you like the new forum software, which now comes with the latest features for social media sharing. If you find anything that looks broken please bring it to my attention either by posting to this topic, or by email at forum@proteinsdeficiency.com

Our forum was relocated to a new web server today. If you experience any problems using the forum please send me an email at forum@proteinsdeficiency.com

I am pleased to confirm that our forum software has been upgraded again. We are now using v4.1.7 of IPS Community Suite. This comes on top of web hosting upgrades which involved a data centre relocation to London. Our new hosting facilities now use SSD arrays for storage so page loading times are also improved.

With the old software the login system used both usernames and display names for your account identification. We can now only use one. In a nod to the privacy issues raised by Facebook users we have opted to retain Display Names for account identification.

The software developers have done an excellent job behind the scenes making further improvements to administration and technical aspects.