coumadin cook book

Zarin - I couldn't find a working web site for your link but the book is available from Amazon...

(UK Link) http://www.amazon.co.uk/...qid=1045426634

(US Link) http://www.amazon.com/...qid=1045426871

The Coumadin Cookbook: A Complete Guide to Healthy Meals When Taking Coumadin??

Rene, Md Desmarais, Greg Golden, Gail Beynon

US List Price: $16.95

UK Equivalent: ?10.35

Our Price: ?9.32 UK, $11.87 US

You Save: ?1.03 (9%)

Availability: usually dispatched within 1 to 2 weeks.

Category(ies): Food & Drink

Paperback - 442 pages (1 December, 2000)

Marsh Pub Co; ISBN: 0966430816

James, How very odd, it is the same book, same author. I am suprised the weblink did not work. I have double checked thinking I may have made a mistake. Ah well, atleast it is available through Amazon. I had a different publisher. Marsh Publishing, P.O. Box 1597, Sailsbury,MD 2782-1597.

• 1 year later...

Thank you so much Tina. I managed to get to the site with your URL.

I was wondering, should I post some recipies here on this site, James, any comments? As I have been experimenting for longer than most, I seem to have this thing covered pretty well.

One question:- anyone with PSD who has developed sensitivities to various foods? Just wondering if I should attribute this to my PCD and not my PSD.

Hi Zarin

If you would like to post some messages I would recommend putting them into a new topic. If you put "Recipe:" at the beginning of the topic title it would make it easier to find. Perhaps the thrombophilia section would be the best place for them.

I also have sensitivities to some foods but I don't think this has anything to do with my PSD. I don't think PCD would cause any either. I try to eat normally and get my medication adjusted to suit rather than the other way round but if my INR became unstable I guess I would definitely look at my diet.

Guest celiaminer

Thanks for the hint on the Coumadin cookbook. The link to sample recipes brings up mostly meat and fish. Do you know if there are meatless main dish options?

Hi James,

I still haven't figured it out but I keep developing new allergies, this is why I asked. I also have a weakened immune system. I needed to be on Immunoglobin shots for a few years and now I need to take regular flu shots as if I catch a cold it turns to acute pneumonia.

I will post some recipies. I see someone has asked for a meatless recipe so I will do that first.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Tina, Sorry for taking so long to reply to your post. I recently had a fall and fractured my foot so have been out of circulation for a while.

I am totally clueless what causes the food allergies. I am currently NOT on wafarin sodium, but have still had some new allergies. Could be just hyper-sensitivity to foods. I have a host of allergies, mostly developed in my later years, post DVT so I have been wondering if there was any link.