PSD and sleeping disorders

bamas01woman

Along with having PSD, I was diagnosed today with having nacrolepsy. I was given a prescription to take medicine to help keep me awake. It is suppose to be what triggers my migraines and dosing on & off during the day. I was wondering if anyone else had any sleeping disorders and what the took for it?

:D Thanks,

bamas01woman

:D

I was surfing the net today on medicines that interact with coumadin. My doctor knew I was on coumadin and said that the medicine he was prescribing did interact with coumadin but that it was the miligram (amount) that would interfer with it. Have you ever heard anything on this, that the amount taken is what interferred not the medicine itself. As for now I am not taking the medicine, I do like some of my doctors but fine out alot that only they know about as much as I do on psd at times.

Do you take medicine with your sleep apnea Zarin?

bamas01woman

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I also have problems sleeping (it's after all 4:30 in the morning)....this all started around the time of my diagnosis as well. I'm currently taking sleeping pills every once in a while. My husband also yells in his sleep so that might also keep me from sleeping.

• 2 months later...

I have narcolepsy. I'm on 100mg of provigil, I was told it didn't interact with the warfarin. I haven't had any issues thus far. Each of my doctors know everything that I'm on and why. Provigil is helping with staying awake during the day, and still being able to sleep at night. At the moment, my narcolepsy is still fairly mild (we caught it early- although I show most symptoms, I haven't had much of the cataplexy.) but I know that it is progressive.