Just diagnosed today

Guest Monica

Guest Monica

My son, Isaiah, was stillborn on March 9, 2005 at 33 weeks due to placental abruption. and I just found out today I have PSD, PCD, my Lupus anticoagulant profile was positive and i have a mthfr mutation.

I'm going to see the genetics counselor so I can get a better understanding of all of this.

I'm really glad I found this website, because my head is absolutely spinning!

Monica,

We are so sorry to hear about your loss... I'm happy you found this site too, it has helped so many people. Welcome and be strong.

Take Care, Julie.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest audreyt

I just read you posting . I am so sorry for your loss. I am 56 years old and when I was 19 I took birth control pills. 9 months after I started on the pill I had a pulmonary embolism. I was hospitalized and on critical for three weeks. Put on cumiden for about 1 year. During my life I had three miscarraiges and almost lost my second daughter. My doctor past it off as "some women have miscarriages". Now my daughter is 19 years old. She told her new doctor that I had blood clots from the birth control pill. The doctor did blood work and finds that my daughter has protein S deficiency. Her doctor said it was genetic and got it from me. I was never diagnosed with it. I am now going to have the blood work done and so is my older daughter. I feel like we have been hit with a ton of bricks all at once. I am very new at this, but want to get involved in whatever I can. If you hear of anything, please contact me. Best of luck to you.

Audrey

Edited by James

I just discovered this site.

Was diagnosed with PSD a couple of weeks ago after the authopsy of my baby, which I lost at 22 weeks. I just started my research - that's how I found your site. The only one as far as I can tell.

My doctor has put me on "Aspegic" - Babyaspirin outside France I think - and I will be put on Heparin as soon as I'm pregnant again. He is pretty optimistic that another pregnancy should not be a problem. (I had lost a baby at 24 weeks one year ago and was lucky to survive; had also lots of luck to survive a placenta abruption when my daughther was born 4 years ago, without knowing it).

I have been in hospitals in Scotland, Ireland and Germany during my first pregnancy, but was never tested for PSD. And I was only tested in France (apparently the only laboratory to conduct the test is in Paris) after the authopsy revealed a blood clot in the biblical cord.

In addition I have been diagnosed with factor VLeiden, I believe a combination that makes life just a bit more difficult. Any experience??

Sandra :unsure:

Hi I am new to it all also , my first pregnancy was fine , she is 2 I got a clot in my leg 3 mths ago and just been tripple checked for protein s levels, and it has thrown my life in too a little mess, I am a hair dresser who stands for long periods of time and the combination of standing with bad vains and the protein low levels have stopped me working for long peiriods ahhhh. hope to work a balance soon 15 years of hairdressing now put a side for a while. :unsure:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Bluesky

Sandra, looks like you have been through alot and in many countries that did not check for this condition. I just had a stillbirth at full term the autopsy came back fine. My Dr. said that my Protein S level was low 25 when I delivered the baby, so I recently got checked now and I am waiting for the results. But what I am confused about is that if the autopsy came back fine, where was the clot that caused the baby's death. Do clots disappear ot dissolve?

Confused and seeking for answers,

Bluesky